Monday, July 2, 2012

Pants on the Ground

Coming into this experiment, I was hopeful that I would see some muscle gained, some fat lost, and my fitness levels to go through the roof. What I was not expecting however, was to lose two pants sizes in a little under 6 months on my already skinny frame. That's right folks, if you're looking to shed a few pounds, add that to your growing checklist of things Burpees will help you accomplish.

Behind the first two of course...

Not only have I gone from a size 32 to a size 30 (what I wore in college), but I've also really begun noticing a difference in my overall physique. My abs are getting tighter, my triceps more cut, and my pecs have even grown a bit. All from continuing to do nothing but Burpees. Of course, because of this fat loss, I've discovered that the majority of my pants don't fit anymore, which would have surely made "Pants on the Ground" guy break out into song if he were still with us.

R.I.P.

So with my birthday coming up in a few weeks, I plan on buying some new pants and with that, the motivation to continue fitting into those pants for the foreseeable future. This past week I slowed down a bit in some of my times, but as any good fitness coach will tell you, it's the quality of the workout that counts. With that being said, my results from this past week are listed below.
DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time Beak Time 
Per Set
Total Burpees
6/25/2012Star 65 min 21 sec30 sec60 
6/26/2012Ladder1514 min 57 sec40 sec120
6/27/2012Pull-up67 min 06 sec30 sec60
6/28/2012REST
6/29/2012Buddha65 min 32 sec30 sec60
6/30/2012Mix79 min 17 sec50 sec70
7/1/2012REST

Now, because I believe in these Burpees, and I believe anyone can have the same or better results than I've had so far, I'd like to leave you with an inspirational quote from American fitness author Bill Phillips:


"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change."

L&R,
Drew










No comments:

Post a Comment