Monday, July 30, 2012

Curing What Ails You

Over the course of my 28 years on this planet, I'd say I've been pretty active. Whether it be little league, pee-wee football, or even running the wrong way on a soccer field, I grew up playing sports. One thing most active people will tell you, is that when you've grown up being involved in athletics, you've probably experienced your share of bumps and bruises along the way. One consistent "bump" I experienced around my later years of high school football and soccer unfortunately happened to be my back. I've thrown it out so many times over the years that I considered applying for an early entry AARP card...

Because of this issue, over the years I've been to massage therapists, chiropractors, and even considered doing acupuncture at one point. However, even with those visits, I still continued to throw my back out just about every other month doing simple things like getting out of my car...

Pictured: Pure Agony

But if there's one thing I can say about this Experiment, it's that since I've started, I have not had a single back issue. That's right. In just about 7 months, my back has been right as rain, and I owe it all to the core strengthening movements the Burpee provides. So, if you're looking to fix your back pain, maybe try strengthening your core by doing some Burpees.

In the meantime, you can check out my results from this past week below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal TimeBeak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
7/23/2012Day Off


7/24/2012Ladder1512 min 44 sec30 sec120
7/25/2012Pull-up67 min 11 sec30 sec50
7/26/2012REST
7/27/2012Lunges 79 min  12sec30 sec70
7/28/2012Mix710 min 04 sec40 sec60
7/29/2012REST

Today, I'll leave you with a quote from the 17th Earl of Derby, Lord Edward Stanley:


"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness."

L&R,
Drew

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the quote this week! That's awesome that it's strengthening ur back. Yeah, I've def noticed an improvement in my back too since I started working out. Actually I feel like my body had become all around more resilient. Amazing wut a little self discipline will do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! My whole body feels great! Now I need to go knock on some wood. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself writing about this!

    ReplyDelete