Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Halfway Home

This past week I headed down south to coast to celebrate Independence Day with my family and friends. Though I went with the full intention of keeping my workout routine going, things didn't exactly go as planned. And as you all know, when the options you're presented with are fun in the sun/relaxation versus exercise/misery, usually "fun in the sun" wins that battle...

Wake me up when I'm done "exercising"...

So with that being said, I'm thoroughly disappointed in my results from this week as I only accomplished two days of full workouts. I guess I could always count frolicking in the ocean for 3 days as a workout, but unfortunately this is the Burpee Experiment, not the Play in the Sand and Be Lazy Experiment...In my laziness I did manage to get a picture of myself to update everyone on my monthly status, so for those of you that care, enjoy:

Accompanied by my smokin' hot wife and our two little ones, Ella and Aubrey!

Overall my muscle tone and cardio continue to improve as I've increased my reps and decreased my break times. After this I have one more week of mix sets before moving onto my final two aday sets of 15 ladders. From there I will move down in break time until I reach the 30 second mark. This will be my goal over the next two months. Until then, here are my results from this past week to review. There will be a pop quiz on Monday. (just kidding...but seriously.)

DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time (Morning)Total Time (Night)Beak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
7/2/2012Ladder1417 min 35 sec17 min 31 sec60 sec210
7/3/2012Ladder1417 min 45 sec17 min 32 sec60 sec210
7/4/2012Vacation 



7/5/2012Vacation




7/6/2012Vacation




7/7/2012Vacation




7/8/2012Vacation

Since this past week was our nation's Independence Day, I thought I'd leave you with a great quote from Peabody Award winning author and news reporter, Elmer Davis:


"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is home of the brave."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment