Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summertime Blues


I'm not sure about the rest of you, but there's something about summertime that always seems to bums me out a little. I don't know if it's the sweltering Texas heat, the fact that I still wish I was a kid, or that the ice cream man continues to torment me by driving one street over while refusing to come down mine.

My Newest Arch Nemesis

Whatever the reason may be, it also seems to aid in making me sluggish and lazy. I've talked in the past about finding motivation, and for me, summer just happens to be one of those times I need it the most. Luckily, this summer, I'll be hitting the beach multiple times, and this, of course, is probably the greatest motivating factor behind anyone wanting to workout, ever... They don't call it "working on your beach muscles" for nothing.


So with a little help coming from the thought of hitting the sun and sand, I'm going to beat those summertime blues and keep pushing forward.

This week, I've added two new workouts that are sure to liven things up a bit: The Diamond Buddha and Star Jump Burpees. The Diamond Buddha consists of doing wide set squat jumps and diamond pushups, while the Star Jumps are basically doing jumping jacks while leaping off the ground (P90x calls them X jumps). My results from these workouts are listed below:

 DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time Beak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
5/28/2012Vacation



5/29/2012Ladder1515 min 04 sec40 sec120
5/30/2012Pull-up67 min 10 sec30 sec60
5/31/2012REST
6/1/2012Buddha65 min 47 sec30 sec60
6/2/2012Mix79 min 36 sec50 sec70
6/3/2012REST


This week, I'll leave you with a quote from Pulitzer Prize winning author and satirist, Russell Baker:


"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment