Thursday, June 21, 2012

Forming a Good Habit

Over these past 6 months Burpees have become ingrained in my daily routine. I eat, sleep, and dream Burpees. It's even gotten to the point where I hate missing a day if I'm out of town for work or on vacation. That's something I can say never happened to me in the past when it came to working out. I don't know about all of you, but I used to be relieved if something came up and got me out of having to work out.

"What? It's National Aboriginal Day in Canada? Looks like I can't workout..."

But now, Burpees have not just become part of my daily routine, they've also become a habit. So much so, that it literally affects my mood if I'm not able to do them. My wife can attest to that... And forming this new habit has helped me defeat one of my oldest and most vicious arch enemies: The Couch Potato.

Get it?!

Being able to step away from the couch and TV has been wonderful. It's not only given me the time I need to work out, but it's also given me time to do so many other things around the house. So, here's to breaking one bad habit and replacing it with a good one!

My new habitual needs were filled this week as I was able to get all of my workouts done. The results are below:

 DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time Beak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
6/11/2012Star 65 min 14 sec30 sec60 
6/12/2012Ladder1514 min 46 sec40 sec120
6/13/2012Pull-up67 min 04 sec30 sec60
6/14/2012REST
6/15/2012Buddha65 min 34 sec30 sec60
6/16/2012Mix79 min 19 sec50 sec70
6/17/2012REST

And I'll leave you with a quote today from a lesser-known Dutch Renaissance humanist named Desiderius Erasmus:


"A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment