Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Last Meal

Much like a death-row inmate's last meal before traveling to the great beyond, I too will be indulging in a last meal of sorts. Before I begin my year long journey through the 9 circles of Burpee Hell, my stomach will be occupied one last time by an old friend, the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese from McDonald's. Yes, this cheesy, meaty, and greasy mound of deliciousness is my "last meal" of choice.

Sure, I could have chosen Fried Chicken from Bush's or a Gut Pak from Vitek's, both some of Waco's finer establishments, but to me the DQP best represents the food addiction wave that has washed over America these past 50 years. A wave that I plan to conquer by completely cutting this kind of food from my diet. My hope is that I will not only be able to stop eating fast food throughout the next year, but also continue this throughout the rest of my life. And what better food to both start and end with than the McDonald's hamburger, a longstanding staple in the fast food industry.

One thing that trainers and fitness enthusiasts will always tell you is that getting in shape requires a complete and total lifestyle change, and that my friends starts with the food you eat.

I'll leave you today with a quote from well known author and nutritionist, Adelle Davis:
"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are."

L&R,
Drew



No comments:

Post a Comment