Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Where's the Beef?

I'm an American. And I love America. And to me, nothing represents our great country more than a hearty dish of meat and potatoes. But not just any meat. A big juicy hunk of steak.

'Merica

Now growing up, I don't think there was a single food my mom could have fixed that would have overtaken steak's spot atop my own personal food pyramid. No, in my mind, this all-American delicacy was the key to growing strong and becoming a man one day. And besides that, no matter how much our parents tried, what kid actually wants to eat something that looks like it was hocked up by an alien...

"Popeye wants us to eat what?!"

To go along with my own thought process as a child, the National Cattleman's Beef Association had the same idea when their research stated, "beef is a number one source of protein, vitamin B12, and zinc. It also supplies an abundant amount of key nutrients to help children and tweens to be healthy by contributing to optimal growth, cognitive function, red blood cell development and preventing iron deficiency during the adolescent years." In other words, eating beef will help you reach your full "pumptential".

Hans and Franz say beef will help pump...you up!

With all that being said, my beefy results for the week are listed below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal TimeBeak Time 
Per Set
Total 
Burpees
12/3/2012Mix 167 min 08 sec30 sec60
12/4/2012Ladder1513 min 03 sec30 sec120
12/5/2012Pull-ups67 min 02 sec30 sec60
12/6/2012REST
12/7/2012Mix 265 min 38 sec30 sec60
12/8/2012Mix 377 min 53 sec30 sec70
12/9/2012
REST

Today, I'll leave you with that famous quote first voiced by actor Robert Mitchum in the 1992 Beef Checkoff Program's marketing campaign:


"Beef. It's what's for dinner."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment