Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Winter Grind

This week was the first week of November, and to many of you, that means you're either growing out your most manly (or in some cases, womanly) mustaches... or that the ever inevitable "winter is coming".


As we move closer to those horribly, yet oh so enjoyably, lethargic holidays, I must continue to look for different approaches to attaining motivation, now more than ever. One way I've done this throughout the year  is to have a good cup of coffee every morning when I wake up. Sure, it may seem fairly unconventional to look at coffee as a good workout motivator, but based on a growing body of research, coffee can have some pretty awesome benefits.


Per WebMD, "people who drink at least one cup of coffee per day are less likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dimentia. They have also been shown to have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes." With that being said, if you haven't already, go out and buy yourself a Keurig for Christmas. You can thank me later.

This week I did my best to overcome a bout with some Fall allergies, and I've listed my results below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal TimeBeak Time 
Per Set
Total 
Burpees
10/29/2012Broad Jumps66 min 24 sec30 sec60
10/30/2012Ladder1512 min 58 sec30 sec120
10/31/2012SICK


11/1/2012SICK
11/2/2012SICK


11/3/2012Mix78 min 46 sec40 sec70
11/4/2012REST

And in the spirit of our topic, I'll leave you this week with a quote from the famous publisher, playwright, and poet, T.S. Eliot:


"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."

L&R,
Drew


No comments:

Post a Comment