Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Thanks

As we reflect on all the things we've been thankful for over the past year, I look back with a sort of fond relief, proud of what I've accomplished, but also grateful to be so close to the end. Because I've made it this far, and also because this past week was a time for family, friends, and food, I decided to reward myself (and my body) by entering a 5 day food coma.


Now, although taking a week off from exercise generally makes it that much harder to get back into your routine, I've continually endorsed the idea of giving your body breaks along the way in order to keep your joints and limbs fresh, and your mind "in the game".

So with that being said, I have no workout results to report from this past week other than getting up and down from the couch to indulge my gluttonous alter-ego with more turkey and gravy...


I'll leave you this week with a great poem written about Thanksgiving from an anonymous author:


May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment