Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cruising Home

This past week I was lucky enough to take part in a relaxing trip to Cozumel via the Carnival Triumph cruise ship. And if there's a few things I can away take from my experience, it's one, there's actually a really nice gym on cruise ships, and two, you'll never use it. With the amount of partying and and pure laziness that occurs on a ship, to actually get up enough energy to workout, to me, is quite impressive.

So, after averaging around 4 hours of sleep each night, I actually impressed myself by finishing at least one workout while I was on the boat. If we were counting dancing as a workout though, then I shuffled my way into another new pants size...


Of course, this isn't the Party Rock Experiment (although that's an incredible idea for my next venture), but between the one workout I got in, and the 6 hours of wobblin' I did every night, I feel like I managed to do a good job of staying in shape while I was gone for 4 1/2 days.

With that, I ended up only missing one day last week while I was on the ship. My results are listed below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal TimeBeak Time 
Per Set
Total 
Burpees
8/20/2012Climbers68 min 27 sec30 sec60
8/21/2012Ladder1513 min 19 sec30 sec120
8/22/2012Pull-up67 min 14 sec30 sec60
8/23/2012REST
8/24/2012REST


8/25/2012Mix79 min 46 sec40 sec70
8/26/2012REST

Since I spent much of the last week either on the open seas or on a beach enjoying some adult beverages, I'll leave you with a quote from the greatest beach bum of all time, Jimmy Buffett:


"If life gives you limes, make margaritas."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment