Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Fast Food Fiasco

This past weekend, my nephew Blake and his mom Laura (my sister-in-law) were baptized together, and I was fortunate enough to witness the event. Unfortunately however, his choice for the celebratory dinner following the baptism ended up being a fast food restaurant I'm sure you've all heard of called Steak'n'Shake.

Also famous for America's Obesity Problem

Now, for those of you that haven't been to a Steak'n'Shake, the menu does NOT offer up much in terms of healthy alternatives. With that being said, I did my best to compensate by ordering an avocado burger and a side salad. What I got was a barf burger and a side of yuck!

Pictured: Yuck

Whether it be the fact that I haven't eaten fast food in over 3 months, or just the possibility that I received some "bad" meat, that night I felt like Death was watching in anticipation as my arteries and stomach battled for Middle Earth.

The Inner-Workings of my Stomach on Sunday Night

Immediately following this fiasco, I picked up a few new valuable life lessons:

1.) Never go to Steak'n'Shake
2.) When you say you aren't going to eat fast food, don't eat fast food
3.) Smothering a side salad in Ranch dressing isn't considered healthy
4.) Avocados don't reduce the amount of fat in a burger
5.) Never go to Steak'n'Shake

So, after learning my lesson and also having taken an extra day off this week due to complications that arose from my near death experience, I was able to finish my workouts for the rest of the week:
DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time (Morning)Total Time (Night)Beak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
3/26/2012REST



3/27/2012Ladder1110 min 35 sec 10 min 26 sec40 sec132
3/28/2012Ladder119 min 54 sec9 min 57 sec40 sec132
3/29/2012REST
3/30/2012Ladder119 min 46 sec9 min 48 sec40 sec132
3/31/2012Ladder119 min 55 sec9 min 39 sec40 sec132
4/1/2012REST

Now, it may be on a rare occasion that I eat fast food, but when it comes to the rest of society, I believe our First Lady has it right when she was quoted saying:


"The problem is when that fun stuff becomes the habit. And I think that's what's happened in our culture. fast food has become the every day meal."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment