Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Traveling Burpee

For those of you that travel for work, I'm going to go ahead and guess that about 99% of you HATE exercising while you're on the road. I'm also pretty sure the other 1% of you who actually do enjoy working out in your hotel's crummy fitness room are sleep walking, because the only times I've ever seen anyone in there is at 5 in the morning...

Pictured: The 1%

If any of you are like me, when you're on a business trip, the only time you leave your hotel room is to go to meetings, dinner, and the airport. This of course makes it very difficult to get up the motivation to make it to the fitness room. So, why not just take what you've learned so far, and perform those exercises right there in the room? I mean hey, you've got a TV, plenty of floor space, and even a window that sometimes has a better view than the brick wall of the Dollar General next door.

I think I can almost make out the ocean...

Now, obviously this doesn't only have to pertain to those of us that spend half our year working out of hotels. But I'm sure after you've just ordered the surf and turf and your third margarita while enjoying a traditional Hawaiian dance, exercise might be the farthest thing from your mind.

Snooki is ready to exercise.

So having just returned from a business trip myself, I was able to take my own advice and workout in my room each day. Below are the results:
Date Workout Sets Total Time (Morning) Total Time (Night) Beak Time Per Set Total Burpees
2/27/2012 Ladder 10 7 min 20 sec  7 min 21 sec 30 sec 110
2/28/2012 Ladder 10 7 min 23 sec   7 min 18 sec 30 sec 110
2/29/2012 Ladder 10 7 min 10 sec  7 min 17 sec 30 sec 110
3/1/2012 REST
3/2/2012 Ladder 107 min 09 sec  7 min 04 sec 30 sec 110
3/3/2012 Ladder 10 7 min 12 sec   7 min 03 sec 30 sec 110
3/4/2012 REST

I've also decided to bump up my workouts by doing "two-aday" ladder sets, while alternating those and the mixed sets (pull-ups, lunges, climbers) on a weekly basis. 

And this week I'll leave you with a quote that will hopefully motivate you the next time you're sitting in a hotel room, wasting time. It was spoken by English cleric and writer Charles Caleb Colton:


"Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time that every day produces, and which most men throw away."

L&R,
Drew







No comments:

Post a Comment