Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Windblown Look

As we begin the slow transition from Summer to Fall and then from Fall to Winter, the one thing we can all generally count on is beautiful weather. So with that being said, this past week I thought it'd be a nice little change of pace to exercise outside. And with the wind fiercely blowing and the leaves falling all around me, I have to say, it made me feel a little like Fabio on the cover of one of those cheesy romance novels.

"How I thought I looked"

"How I really looked..."

Not only did I have the windblown look going for me, but exercising outside also allowed me to experience the sounds of nature as I huffed and puffed through my Burpee routine. It's a wonderful feeling having complete silence other than the birds chirping around you and the wind blowing through the trees. Here I go getting all sappy on you all...

"Pun most definitely intended"

...but I just wanted to get my point across that it's important for us to not get caught up only doing the gym thing. Instead, the next time you work out, even if it's with weights, bring them outside. You'll thank me for it. Unless it's snowing.

Other than one missed day this past week due to sickness, I was able to complete my other two adays, and the results are listed below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time (Morning)Total Time (Night)Beak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
10/9/2012REST




10/10/2012Ladder1515 min 15 sec15 min 04 sec40 sec240
10/11/2012Ladder1515 min 27 sec  15 min 28 sec40 sec240
10/12/2012REST




10/13/2012Ladder1515 min 20 sec15 min 19 sec40 sec240
10/14/2012SICK


0
10/15/2012REST

This week I'll leave you with a quote regarding a our human need for nature from Native American writer and actor, Luther Standing Bear:


"Man's heart, away from nature, becomes hard; the Lakota knew that lack of respect for growing, living things, soon led to a lack of respect for humans too."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment