Monday, September 24, 2012

Making the Cut

This week, I introduced my last set of new exercises to the mix by adding both Box Jumps and Broad Jumps to my Burpee workouts. Although there are many other variations of the Burpee that people have invented over the years, I felt these two were a nice final fit to my experiment.


Box Jump


Broad Jump

Over the remaining three months I'll not only be adding these two exercises, but I'll also begin increasing my reps on the Mix workout days to add in the other workouts I've come to know and "love" over the past 8 months. Those workouts included Lunges, Star Jumps, Diamond Buddhas, Mountain Climbers, One-Legged Burpees, Jumping Jacks, and Pull-ups.

"Lunges and Climbers and Buddhas, OH MY!  

Although it was great to incorporate some new exercises into the mix this week, they were anything but easy, with box jumps easily winning the award for hardest workout of the year. It'll be a great way to finish out the remaining months, pushing myself both mentally and physically toward the finish. With all that being said, I've posted my results from this past week below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal TimeBeak Time 
Per Set
Total 
Burpees
9/17/2012Broad Jumps67 min 34 sec40 sec60
9/18/2012Ladder1513 min 00 sec30 sec120
9/19/2012Pull-up67 min 11 sec30 sec60
9/20/2012REST
9/21/2012Box Jumps45 min 45 sec60 sec40
9/22/2012Mix78 min 50 sec40 sec70
9/23/2012REST

In response to all of the other Burpee exercises I could have chosen for this experiment, I'll leave you this week with a funny quote from Steve Carrell's most famous TV personality, Michael Scott:


"I hate, hate being left out. Whether it's not being picked for a team, or being picked for a team and then showing up and realizing that team doesn't exist. Or that the sport doesn't exist! I should have known... "Poop-ball??"

L&R,
Drew


No comments:

Post a Comment