Sunday, April 29, 2012

Setting Your Priorities

This week I was faced with a bit of an interesting dilemma. Up to this point I feel I've been pretty consistent with my workouts, however, this week my daughter was scheduled to have surgery to receive cochlear implants. As you can probably guess, my wife and I were both nervous and excited for this day to come, and once it finally got here, Burpees had to take a back seat.

Don't worry, my daughter Ella had the surgery and is recovering wonderfully now, and since the procedure I've been able to pick back up where I left off. But my purpose for telling you all of this, is to remind you that there are much more important things in this life than keeping up with a silly workout routine.

My Number One Priority

Setting priorities is something many of us struggle with on a daily basis, and one thing I've had a few arguments with my wife over, while attempting this experiment. I'll admit, over the past few months I have put off doing other things like going to the store, cleaning the house, and even going to the zoo with my wife and the girls, just so I could make sure I do my workout.

So finally, after realizing that I've been way too crazy about keeping my workout schedule, I'm going to try and do a better job of keeping my priorities straight. On that note, I'm going to cut this blog short and go outside to play with my girls.

My results from the week are listed below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal Time (Morning)Total Time (Night)Beak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
4/23/2012Ladder1210 min 47 sec10 min 45 sec40 sec156
4/24/2012Ladder1210 min 49 sec10 min 49 sec40 sec156
4/25/2012

DAY OFFDAY OFF

4/26/2012REST
4/27/2012Ladder1210 min 54 sec10 min 47 sec40 sec156
4/28/2012Ladder1210 min 48 sec10 min 46 sec40 sec156
4/29/2012REST

I believe Cindy Crawford said it best after she retired from modeling:


"Having children really changes your priorities."

L&R,
Drew

1 comment: