Saturday, February 11, 2012

Falling Off the Wagon

My name is Drew Snyder, and I'm a cheese cake addict. No, not just the normal fluffy white cheese cake you can find at almost any restaurant in New York City. No, I'm in love with fried cheese cake.

Pictured: Heaven

Yes, that's right. A few weeks ago, I unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) indulged in this guilty pleasure when it was erroneously brought to our table by our unknowing, yet thoughtful waiter. I like to picture Paula Dean waiting back in the kitchen telling the waiter that the skinny guy up front needs some cake to fatten him up...

Pictured: The Devil

Now, I'm writing this post not to make myself feel better for getting this off my chest, but rather to reassure all of you that it's okay to fall off the wagon every now and again. It's not the end of the world (unless the Mayan conspirators are right...).


For most people, "falling off the wagon" means to take up drinking again after you've quit for good. But I'm going to use this phrase to describe any mistakes people make while trying to maintain a healthier lifestyle. Of course, as I said above, I made my first mistake of the year by going against "The Burpee Diet" and eating some pretty fattening cheesecake.

Of course now, I could either sit and regretfully dwell upon this slip-up, or I can use this as motivation to work harder throughout my workouts. I choose what's behind door number 2.

With all that being said, my workout results from Week 6 are listed below:

DateWorkoutSetsTotal TimeBeak Time Per SetTotal Burpees
2/6/2012Climber4 6 min  39 sec60 sec40
2/7/2012Ladder1522 min 25 sec70 sec120
2/8/2012Pull-up59 min 29 sec60 sec50
2/9/2012REST
2/10/2012Lunges 713 min 26 sec60 sec70
2/11/2012Mix611 min 23 sec60 sec60
2/12/2012REST

And today I leave you with a quote from the great American essayist, lecturer, and poet, Ralph Waldo Emerson:


"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

L&R,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment